TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to TOWN Residential. TOWN Residential, LLC, along with our affiliate and subsidiary real estate brokerages, including but not limited to, Town Astor Place, LLC, Town Greenwich Street, LLC ("Town Financial District"), Town Fifth Avenue, LLC, Town Flatiron LLC, Town Gramercy Park, LLC, Town Soho, LLC, Town 79th Street, LLC, Town Marketing and Leasing, LLC, and Town New Development Sales and Marketing, LLC (collectively, "TOWN", "Broker", "we", or "us"), are dedicated to providing you, the user("you"), with access to the most comprehensive network of residential real estate agents, listings, products, assistance and services to meet and fulfill your real estate needs. .
Through the TOWN website, located at townrealestate.com, Town Square, Ourtown.townrealestate.com, and our affiliated sites, (collectively the "Site"), you can browse and search real estate listings.
We suggest that You print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
I. PRIVACY & FAIR HOUSING POLICIES
. The Fair Housing Policy sets forth our commitment to non-discrimination in all aspects of the housing-relating services we provide and our strict adherence to equal opportunity housing. The full Fair Housing Policy can be viewed HERE
II. SCOPE OF USE
The purpose of this Site is to assist customers and brokers in contacting TOWN and its real estate representatives concerning real estate rental and sales listings set forth herein (the "Listings"), as well as any other services offered by TOWN. You represent that you are a prospective purchaser, seller, lessee or lessor of real property in the geographic areas where TOWN is licensed and that you are operating with a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale or lease of such real property.
You may not contact a Listing's owner directly. You may not sell, copy, distribute, license, transfer, publish, display, link to another website, transmit, download, store, post, enter into a database or in any way exploit the Content, including the Listings, in whole or in part. No person, including without limitation, any real estate broker or real estate professional, may market or make commercial use of TOWN's Listings or Content in any way, including without limitation, advertising TOWN's Listings, copying TOWN's Listings for its own commercial use or use on other websites or in marketing materials, or contacting directly TOWN's customers or Listings' owners. Any real estate broker, salesperson, agent, or similar state licensed real estate professional ("Real Estate Agent") who uses any Content or individual Listing for its customer must first enter into co-brokerage agreement or Referral Agreement with TOWN. No one may use any Content or Listing in violation of the rules of Real Estate Board of the City of New York, the New York State Department of State, the New York State Department of Banking, or any other federal, state, or local law or regulation. Any such improper action is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in civil and/or criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Registration Required. In order to make full use of the Service and Site, you must complete the FULL ACCESS Registration process to create an account with a user name and password (the "Account").
- Minimum Age. You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to register for an Account. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
- Password and Identity. You may not share your password with anyone else. Any use of the Service through your Account will be deemed as being used by you. We are entitled to rely on the contact and other information that is supplied to us through your Account. Your Account is non-transferable and non-assignable.
- Consent to Contact. BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT, YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE PERSONALIZED EMAILS, TELEPHONE CALLS AND/OR FAXES FROM TOWN. You must always provide accurate, current and complete information to TOWN for the Service. You must update such information in a timely manner to maintain its accuracy and completeness.
- Acknowledgment of Broker-Consumer Relationship. By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge you are entering into a lawful broker-consumer relationship as may be defined under state law. The relationship is not exclusive and you are not obligated to work with TOWN.
- We Represent Multiple Buyers. You acknowledge and agree that we may also represent other prospective buyers seeking to purchase the same properties that may meet your purchase criteria.
V. ADVERTISEMENT AND OTHER LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES.
- Copyrights. Any content available through the Site, including but not limited to, mobile applications, computer applications, software, sales and rental listings, audio, video, photos, pictures, graphics, music, sound clips, images, likenesses, personal information and other works of authorship (collectively, "Content") is protected by the intellectual property rights of TOWN, its third party Content suppliers, or its licensors. All right, title and interest in and to the Site and any Content will remain the exclusive property of TOWN, its third party Content supplier or its licensors.
- Trademarks. The names and logos, including, but not limited to, Town Residential, Town Astor Place, Town Greenwich Street, Town Financial District, Town Fifth Avenue, Town Flatiron, Town Gramercy Park, Town Gramercy, Town Greenwich Village, Town Soho, Town 79th Street, Town Upper East Sid, Town West Village, Town New Development Sales and Marketing and Town Marketing and Leasing and their related logos, are protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. The foregoing names and logos may not be used in conjunction with any product or service which is not offered by TOWN, is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits TOWN. Any other trademarks not owned by TOWN that appear on the Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by TOWN.
- Posting Content
Your Warranties Regarding Your Content. You may post to the Site or otherwise submit to us your Content ( as defined above), including without limitation comments regarding property listings, photos, comments, feedback regarding the Service, or any other ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals. By submitting your Content, you warrant, represent and agree that:
- you own your Content or have sufficient rights in your Content to grant to TOWN the rights described in these Terms;
- your Content does not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, rights to publicity or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- your Content is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge;
- your Content does not include confidential or proprietary information;
- if we so choose, we may use and disclose your Content in any way; and
- we have no obligation to pay or reimburse you for your Content or our use of your Content
- Prohibited Content. You must not post to the Site any Content that, as reasonably determined by TOWN, is or appears to be the following:
- untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy or protected data, hateful, or racially, morally or otherwise objectionable;
- infringing upon or misappropriating a third party's intellectual property rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, including any Content that is the subject of any claim of infringement or misappropriation;
- of a type that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as proprietary and confidential information;
- information that references personally identifiable information, such as address, email address, contact information, or phone number;
- unsolicited, undisclosed or unauthorized advertising;
- software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- data or information obtained through access that was not authorized by the owner, or that you are not authorized to post; or
- in violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law (including export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, fair housing and false advertising laws).
- Ownership of Content; License.
- Ownership and License of Your Content. You retain ownership of your rights in any Content you post to the Site, subject to the non-exclusive rights that you grant to us as described in these Terms. You hereby grant TOWN an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, freely transferable, freely sub-licensable (through unlimited levels of sublicense), non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, delete, translate, transmit, sell and distribute, advertise in, on and around, and create derivative works of the Content you submit or make available for inclusion on or through the Site, and to incorporate such Content into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed without compensation to you.
- Ownership of TOWN's Content. You must respect the intellectual property laws protecting the Site. TOWN grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license, under the rights TOWN has in the Content, to privately display the Content on your computer and to download and print a single copy thereof, subject to the restrictions set forth herein. On its own behalf and the behalf of its licensors, TOWN reserves all rights in the Content, including any software, not expressly granted in this Section. TOWN does not in any way grant any other rights to you. Except as expressly stated in this Section, you may not reproduce, distribute, modify, publicly perform or display, or prepare derivative works of any Content, including any software, without prior written consent from TOWN or other third-party owner of the rights in that Content (if any).
- Notice Regarding Trademarks. The Site includes certain trademarks and service marks owned by TOWN, its affiliates and others. You agree not to use these trademarks or service marks in any manner without the express written permission of the owner. You further agree that you will not alter or remove any copyright, trademark or other legal notice from any Content.
- Notice Regarding Copyrights. TOWN respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that users of the Site do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA), if you believe that your work is being used on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us at TOWN Residential LLC, 33 Irving Place, New York, NY 10003, Attn: In-House Counsel and e-mail at email@example.com . Please provide the following information in your message:
- the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit TOWN to locate the material (for example, by providing a URL to the material);
- your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in your notification is accurate and a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances any Account or user for infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. TOWN may access, preserve and disclose to third parties any of your information or data (including personally identifiable information and private communications) related to a written complaint of copyright infringement if we believe in our sole discretion that such access, preservation, or disclosure is necessary or useful to respond or otherwise address such complaint.
- No Duty to Monitor. TOWN may provide certain forums or blogs on the Site for you to contribute, post feedback or post opinions regarding the Content. You acknowledge and agree that TOWN is not obligated to monitor, restrict or filter any Content posted anywhere on the Site. We do not regularly monitor the accuracy or reliability of Content. However, we reserve the right to modify or remove any Content at any time. Any Content, photos, or comments posted or made available by third parties, including other users, are those of the respective author(s) and not of TOWN. TOWN neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on the Site.
The Site may contain advertisements and other links to third party web sites. The advertisements and other linked sites are not part of the Site and are not under our control. Consequently, we are not responsible for the accuracy, legality, decency, availability, or content of any advertisement on our Site, any linked site, any link contained in a linked site, the privacy policies of the linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We provide the links to you only as a convenience, and we do not endorse the advertiser, the product or service advertised, the linked site or its use or contents therein. You agree to use the links at your own risk. You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to any such advertisements or third party sites.
VI. USER RESTRICTIONS
VII. WARRANTIES AND INDEMNIFICATION
- Prohibited Conduct on the Site. You must not do, or attempt to do, any of the following, as reasonably determined by TOWN, subject to applicable law:
- access or use the Site in any way that is not in compliance with any applicable local, state, national or international law (including export laws), contracts, intellectual property rights or constitutes the commission of a tort, or for any purpose that is harmful or unintended (by us), or other than in full compliance with these Terms;
- use any Content in violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations, including without limitation the rules of Real Estate Board of the City of New York, the New York State Department of State, the New York State Department of Banking, or any listing agency;
- access, tamper with, or use services or areas of the Site that you are not authorized to access;
- alter information on or obtained from the Site;
- tamper with postings, registration information, profiles, submissions or Content belonging to TOWN or other users of TOWN;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Site or extract data or gather or use information, such as email addresses, available from the Site or transmit any unsolicited advertising, "junk mail," "spam," or "chain letters";
- frame any part of the Site, or link to the Site, or otherwise make it look like you have a relationship to us or that we have endorsed you or your Content for any purpose except as expressly permitted in writing by TOWN;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- reverse engineer any licensed software, application, games or any other aspect of the Site or do anything that might discover source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content or code of the Site;
- send to or otherwise impact us or the Site (or anything or anyone else) with harmful, illegal, deceptive or disruptive code such as a virus, "spyware," "adware" or other code that could adversely impact the Site or any recipient; or
- take any action which might impose a significant burden (as determined by us) on the Site's infrastructure or computer systems, or otherwise interfere with the ordinary operation of the Service.
- Personal Use Only. The Site is for personal use only. You may not reproduce, copy, sell or otherwise exploit the Site or any part thereof, or access or use the Site for any commercial purposes.
- Listing Services. You acknowledge that the individual listing services, including the residential listing service, REBNY listing service, and multiple listing service, which supply the listing data to the Site, own such data, and you acknowledge the validity of their respective copyrights to such data.
VIII. AMENDMENTS, TERM AND TERMINATION
- No Warranties. ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE PROVIDED BY US ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, TOWN, its owners, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, content or service providers (including listing service providers), investors, successors and assigns specifically disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied by statute or otherwise, including but not limited to: (1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, or content of or uninterrupted access to information, products or services; (2) any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose; (3) the Content; and (4) results that may be obtained by using the Site or as to the reliability, accuracy or currency of any information, Content, or Service acquired by use of the Site. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access or alteration of or use of record in connection with the use or operation of the Service, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.
- Use At Your Own Risk. Any listing or Content on the Site may be updated, changed, modified, withdrawn, sold or rented at any time without notice. Any furnishings, decorations and artist representations are provided for illustrative purposes only. All square footage, number of bedrooms, and dimensions are approximate. Before you act on any information you have found on the Site, you should independently confirm any facts that are relevant or important to your decision, including without limitation obtaining any exact dimensions by retaining the services of a professional architect or engineer. The information contained on the Site is not intended to be comprehensive, and may not be accurate, up-to-date or applicable to any particular case. IF YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS YOU MAY INCUR THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR SERVICE FROM THE SITE. NO MEMBER OF THE TOWN GROUP CAN ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN THIS SITE.
- Indemnification. By choosing to use the Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TOWN from and against any and all claims or damage, including attorney's fees, arising out of or related to: (1) Content you choose to submit, post or transmit through the Site; (2) your use of or connection to the Site; (3) your violation of these Terms; or (4) your violation of any rights of another.
- Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by applicable law, no member of TOWN shall be liable to you or any other third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages arising out of your access to or use of the Site or any information contained in it, or your inability to gain access to or use the Site, or any breach of any warranty, even if TOWN has been advised of the possibility of such damages. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE SERVICE.
- Your Obligation to Stay Current. It is critical that you keep your email contact information correct and updated with TOWN at all times. In addition, we encourage you to check back regularly to review these Terms.
- Changes to Service. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, and restrict or block access to, the Service without notice to you. We may modify or remove any Content from the Service at any time without notice to you, including removal of Content that we believe to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable. We are not liable for any such modification, suspension, discontinuance or removal, and any such action by us will not affect TOWN's license to your Content as stated in Section IV above.
TOWN may, at any time, terminate your access to the Site, and your Account, for any reason, consistent with local, state and federal fair housing and other laws, including if we believe in our sole discretion that you may have violated these Terms or have otherwise engaged in any activities that may harm or damage the reputation, rights, person, or property of TOWN, our users, or any other person.
- Violations of Terms and Conditions of Use. Broker reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of the Terms and Conditions set forth in the Site, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site. You agree that in the event the damages of a violation of these Terms and Conditions are difficult to determine, Broker shall be entitled to twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) as liquidated damages for each violation of these Terms and Conditions, in addition to the right to block your access to the Site and to seek injunctive relief against you.
- Notice. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, TOWN will give you any notices, and you hereby authorize TOWN to send notices (including notice of subpoenas or other legal process, if any), via electronic mail to the email address that we have on record for you. You will be considered to have received a notice when sent by TOWN via electronic mail, whether or not received by you. TOWN may provide notice to any email or other address that you provide to us. You must keep your address current and any notice sent by TOWN to the address that you have most recently provided is effective notice. Any notice you provide to us must be sent by mail to TOWN Residential LLC, 33 Irving Place, New York, NY 10003, Attn: In-House Counsel.
- Agreement to Conduct Transactions Electronically. All of your transactions with or through the Site may, at our option, be conducted electronically from start to finish. If the law allows you to withdraw this consent or if we are ever required to deal with you non-electronically, we reserve the right to charge or increase fees and you agree to print or make an electronic copy of the Terms and any other contract or disclosure that we are required to provide to you.
- Interpretation. The paragraph headings in these Terms are included to help make these Terms easier to read and have no binding effect. As used in these Terms, the words "include" and "including" are meant to be illustrative and not exhaustive.
- Third Party Rights. These Terms are for the sole benefit of the officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliates of Town Residential, LLC its subsidiary real estate brokerage offices, including but not limited to, Town Astor Place, LLC, Town Greenwich Street, LLC, Town Fifth Avenue, LLC, Town Flatiron, LLC, Town Gramercy Park, LLC, Town Greenwich Village, LLC, Town Soho, LLC, Town 79th Street, LLC, Town West Village, LLC, Town New Development Sales and Marketing, LLC, and Town Marketing and Leasing, LLC . No other person, including any user of the Site, shall have the right to assert a claim under these Terms.
- Severance. If any part of the Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalid or unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full effect, provided that the allocation of risks described in these Terms is given effect to the fullest extent possible.
- Assignment. These Terms are personal to you and you may not transfer, assign or delegate them to anyone without the express written permission of TOWN. Any attempt by you to assign, transfer or delegate these Terms without the express written permission of TOWN will be null and void. TOWN has the right to transfer, assign and delegate these Terms to one or more third parties without your permission.
- Export Limitations. This Site is controlled by us from our offices in the United States of America and is directed to U.S. users. If you access the Site from locations outside the U.S., you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export anything from the Site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations or the Terms.
- Jurisdiction; Choice of Law; Waiver of Jury Trial. These Terms and all performances and claims of every nature between us are governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to any conflict of laws principles that would result in the application of the law of a different jurisdiction. You and TOWN submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located within the City of New York. The parties hereto waive any right to request a trial by jury.
- Limitations on Actions. Any action concerning any dispute with respect to the Site must be commenced within one year after the cause of the dispute arises and the injured party is aware of the cause of the dispute, or the cause of action is barred.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms comprise the entire agreement between you and TOWN with respect to the use of the Site and supersede all contemporaneous and prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
- No Waiver. The failure of any party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, including any failure to act with respect to a breach, will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or that party's right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
New York State Disclosure Forms:
NEW YORK CUSTOMERS - NEW YORK STATE DISCLOSURE FORM FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS
PDF: NY State Disclosure Form for Buyer and Seller
NEW YORK CUSTOMERS - NEW YORK STATE DISCLOSURE FORM FOR LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
PDF: NY State Disclosure Form for Landlord and Tenant